Monday, March 17, 2014

Summary of Research: Education

From all my research and reading I have found that Education today varies a lot in different parts of the world. The way education is valued and given depends on the country, people, and culture. I have seen this idea at work when i read about Korea and Finland's education systems. In Finland, they believe that a more relaxed and holistic. On the other hand in Korea, students face 13-hour school days and rigorous testing on order to preform well. Both have proven to be successful education systems, they just have different methods that work for them individually.  Another example i found was from reading about new types of education, like Logan Laplant, who is schooled at home but gets the choose what he wants to study. Education is constantly being modified to fit the needs of today's modern world. This was exemplified in my post about the online free university. Higher education is being made more accessible to those who may not be able to afford college.  
Overall my research proves that education is a crucial part of society. It is a top value for most cultures. Learning about the different views on education around the world was very interesting to me. I now believe that education will always be a key piece in society and it is always changing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment